“Better To Write For Yourself And Have No Public Than To Write For The Public And Have No Self” –Cyril Connolly

Translate

Monday, July 11, 2011

CHAPTER 1

My life was like the movie “fast & the furious”! How many people can say that! You may always here about what I did when I was at my worst in my drinking career. But you’ve never heard me talk about what it was like before that.

Let’s start with my childhood. It was great, I was the baby of the family, and I was a daddy’s girl. My mom worked for City hall up north and the surrey school district. My dad was a carpenter; he could build a house from scratch and did when we lived in Prince Rupert.
I was spoiled, both with material things and unconditional love. My dad and I had our own routine. He would get up early for work around 6:30, we would eat breakfast together. Dad would finish getting ready in the laundry room, which also served as Tobi’s room. He would pull out of our two car garage, which also was Dad’s workshop. I would run to the front living room and look out the window, wave and blow him a kiss. I would watch as his blue Pontiac Grand Am turned around the corner. Sounds cheesy I know, but it was one of my most fav things to do when I was a kid.

When I was 7 years old my parents told me I was adopted, at the time I did not really know what that meant. But they got these special books for kids that explain what being adopted means. We even decided to make it a special day, kind of like a second birthday, and on adoption day, there was presents, dinner and a movie.

When I was older I had chores which I would get allowance for, I did the dishes, mowed the lawns (front & back yards), dust the whole house, clean the bathrooms, gardening. Sounds like a lot of work, but it was the way I was raised, I would work out regularly on top of that did 45 minutes of cardio & full body push-ups.

Things where good for a while, then I started to feel like I didn’t belong, mostly at school, I was a good student also, when it came to subjects that I enjoyed (English, math, science & social studies) I was getting good grades too. That automatically labelled me a nerd, which in turn made me feel like more of an outcast. So I decided to do something about it, or rather not do anything anymore. I stopped doing my school work and started to look for something that I thought that other people wanted me to be. I wanted to be cool, and was willing to go to any lengths.

I believe it was the night of a sleep over with this back stabbing B***h  (D.T) it was at my place. We were bored and it was late, my parent’s where sleeping. So I snuck into the kitchen and got 2 glasses and a bottle of Crown Royal. Brought it back to my room, poured two fingers worth and bottoms up! At first I thought that it tasted like gasoline, it burned going down, but then I started to get warm, and felt a certain kinda glow, I started to giggle and right then and there I was in love and in the hands of my master (Alcohol).

My friend D.T’s sister was my babysitter, and she was in high school, and D.T stole some weed from her. I would steal my mom’s cigarettes (Matinee cig’s I got her to switch to my brand at that time, which was Dunhill Special reserve, and she never looked back) So that brings everything up to date so far, I was drinking, smoking cigarettes & weed! This is all in Grade 5 people!  Can you imagine what it was like once I hit high school! Well I will be filling you in on that very soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment