“Better To Write For Yourself And Have No Public Than To Write For The Public And Have No Self” –Cyril Connolly

Translate

Sunday, June 03, 2012

Charlaine Harris-Dead Until Dark, Book review

Well just finished the first book in the series, my girlfriend suggested that I read them, so I picked one up from the library and read it in two sittings. I could barely but it down and when I did all I could think about is what’s gonna happen next??

I just joined a book challenge, Darlene’s Book Nook 2012 Sookie Stackhouse reading challenge. Through a fellow blogger on blogger I came across the challenge while surfing the net, so I thought what the hell. If you too are interested, I will post her blogger address and that way you can check out the details for yourself.

One thing that I really liked was how the chapters are done, simple and easy. There was a few times when I thought the killer was Sam, I thought it was kinda creepy how he did his shape shifting thing and turned into a dog and then went home with Sookie after he made a call to her sounding like on of the sheriffs. I mean what a creep.


I like that Bill is so old fashioned though it’s not really my style that I prefer in a man, its defiantly a nice quality and I can see how woman swoon. He also seems so mysterious.

The guy who interest’s me the most is Eric. Now keep in mind I never watched the series, I tried once and was super confused and had no idea what was going on. However being as the show is showcased by HBO. I knew it was going to be good. I am a die hard Sex & The City fan and Game of Thrones. So it was only a matter of time before I go into this series. Anyways Eric is powerful, more powerful than Bill, he is older.

Sookie how could I not mention her. She describes her gift as a disability, which I think is funny. She is brave and strong, I could not believe the end of the first book where she fought with Rene, he busted her nose, two ribs & broke her collarbone. But she was still fighting and she wasn’t gonna die just lying there, courage beyond measure. I was a little mystified by Bill and how nonchalant he acted; it just annoyed me more than anything. What was so important that he had to leave Sookie to go to New Orleans, he knew that there was a killer on the loose; I think it was a dick move. I know that he left a bodyguard Bubba but really what the heck is he doing out of town, his political aspirations ah politicians nothing more to say lol.       

Any-who I feel confident in my ability to finish this series before year-end. If I can get my hands on the whole series I can read them in a month. Till then have a great day –VanCityGirl 83 XOXO

Oh yeah here is the link to the book challenge: 
http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2011/12/2012-sookie-stackhouse-reading.html

No comments:

Post a Comment