“Better To Write For Yourself And Have No Public Than To Write For The Public And Have No Self” –Cyril Connolly

Translate

Friday, August 17, 2012

Be my muse

Every night I fall asleep with a clear conscience. It is a true blessing, every morning I wake up sober. I make the most out of my day. My mind is always filled with dreams & hopes for my future, and when I let go of the rains, I am amazed at what manifests.

I make the same singular choice everyday and that is that under any circumstance’s I will not drink, I seek purpose, and meaning. I keep my heart, ears and soul open to receive what ever my goddess has in store for me.


Today I am free, in every sense of the word. I know who I am, I know that even though my life experiences defy me to a certain extent that it does not encase who I am as a person, I am not simply an alcoholic or drug addict that has depression, I am so much more than that. I wake up everyday with self-esteem and courage, wisdom and power. Had I still been drinking I would not have discovered these traits of myself.

I still don’t see what others see, my self image is still distorted, if I had to describe how it looked I would say, it is a abstract like Picasso, surreal in nature.   

No comments:

Post a Comment