“Better To Write For Yourself And Have No Public Than To Write For The Public And Have No Self” –Cyril Connolly

Translate

Saturday, June 25, 2011

One for the books

Well I was up at a decent hour, chilled out all day, did my nails, did my hair, watched a couple of movies while I did that. Made reservations @ The Boathouse for 7pm, but didn't make it till 8:30 pm.
Met up with my girlfriend at Gateway Station, then was picked up by two other people, so we got a ride down to Vancouver. Parking was a royal pain. We sat on the patio overlooking English Bay, so beautiful. I ordered a 7 oz sirloin with jumbo tiger prawn's, it was OK, kinda disappointing, there was to much pepper & gristle and the potatoes where nasty. Cant believe I shelled out $40!I also realized that I really don't like eating in front of people that I don't know very well.
Everyone was drinking, I had water the whole night, well and some RedBull of course :) So I come back from the washroom and there is a shot for each person on the table, of what I don't know nor care, I simply just passed to buddy to my left and said here have mine I don't drink, sure enough no questions asked they we're only to happy to have more alcohol! I remember that feeling. We stayed till closing, some people went there own way, the rest of us took a cab down to Blarney Stone in Gastown. One of our friends got there before us and had already talked to the bouncer who was goin to let us all in. So we get in pay the cover charge, followed by one of the owners telling us to go upstairs and that shots would be waiting for us, pimpin. It was hotter than a mofo up in there which totally sucked but whatever. So we chilled there till last call, then a few more people went their own way including me. Took a cab from Gastown to New West, dropped of a girlfriend off then got dropped off at the sky train. I was anxious to get home, because there was a fire in my building. I get off the skytrain and sure enough I can smell smoke everywhere, not a good sign, but then I get down to the street and nothing no fire trucks or people evacuated, guess it was just the aftermath. All in all I am really happy with myself, did not drink, when everyone else around me did, made it home safe and sound. Now just waiting for my late night snack to get here then off to bed I go, going to sleep in XoXo Ttul!

No comments:

Post a Comment