“Better To Write For Yourself And Have No Public Than To Write For The Public And Have No Self” –Cyril Connolly

Translate

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Food for thought

I can relate to what you are going through,
When I lost someone very close to my heart I was hurt,
I thought that my pain was greater than everyone else’s,
But the truth of the matter is I was being incredibly selfish,
To think my pain was more righteous,
To take out my hurt, my pain on others who were going through the same thing,
To hurt people that had loved and cared about me no matter what,
It was then I was humbled, brought back to earth, then I asked “What can I bring to this situation?”
Instead of the “poor me poor me pour me another drink” syndrome or the “this was done to me” attitude,
There were many others who were going through the exact same thing I was and handling it with grace and serenity.
If they could so could I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment