“Better To Write For Yourself And Have No Public Than To Write For The Public And Have No Self” –Cyril Connolly

Translate

Friday, June 10, 2011

Note's from FB pt.17 (A poem from my past)


I walk around with my head ashamed,
With no one else but me to blame,
I couldn’t remember what I have done,
Self-forgiveness will just have to come,
I’ll have to learn from my mistakes,
It will bring me into a better head space.

I’m coming undone,
I can see the end,
My life flashes before me,
My feet fall from beneath me; I don’t know how much longer I can take it,
The demon inside wants to come out,
Consuming everything in its path,
There is nothing left but a shell.


I hate myself,
I hate looking into the mirror,
I can’t even fool myself anymore,
I hate the person Iv become,
The girl I was is no longer more,
A figure of the past,
Self-hatred is only the tip of my iceberg,
I haven’t liked myself for many years,
How do you change that?

The devil and me are friends,
We walk side by side,
I live my lies,
I steal my own pain,
I cannot hide he will find me.

Written By: Jennifer Anne Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment