“Better To Write For Yourself And Have No Public Than To Write For The Public And Have No Self” –Cyril Connolly

Translate

Friday, July 26, 2013

MY JOURNEY WITH ADOPTION...In The Beginning

Now it occurred to me that there is more than one side to my feelings/story about and surrounding my adoption. The previous piece represents how I feel about it now.
From the very beginning, I always felt “different”; I knew it to be true with every fiber of my being. When I was 7 years young, my adoptive parents (I always felt weird saying that phrase) had the conversation with me.
They sat me down and told me that I was adopted. At first, I thought nothing of it, I mean I am 7 years old what was I suppose to think. After they told me, they decided to make a day out of it. We called it Adoption Day. On that day, we would go out for dinner and a movie, I would get presents. It pretty much felt like a second birthday. I felt pretty special to have two days a year that celebrated just me lol.  What a loving kind family I have. We even got books for children about adoption. It still did not make me feel anything but different. I have been told that that feeling is completely normal, the feeling “different”.
The neat part is because I am of Native decent and my adoptive mother is also, we looked like a mother daughter (again saying that makes me feel weird “adoptive mother”).
    

Well that is all for now, I seem to feel exhausted on the topic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment