“Better To Write For Yourself And Have No Public Than To Write For The Public And Have No Self” –Cyril Connolly

Translate

Monday, October 22, 2012

THE BALCONIES + WIDE MOUTH MASON + BIG SUGAR & ME.


Well the concert has come and gone in the blink of an eye. I would have written this post on Sunday. However, I was extremely tired and preparing my apartment for my new kitty.

Let me say this you certainly get your moneys worth, five hours, three sets, and one memorable experience.



The first band to hit the stage was The Balconies a trio consisting of brother & sister duo Jacquie and Steve Neville, followed by drummer Liam Jaeger. Honestly, I have never heard any of their songs before Saturday. Nevertheless, they totally rocked the stage, had my attention from the very beginning, I was actually excited to hear them for the first time. Great set guys!








Second band, was one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE’S Wide Mouth Mason, singing songs from the newest album No Bad Days, personally I wish I herd more of the album like Drive, Shut up and kiss me. It also seemed like a short set. I just love them so much that I wanted to hear more. Shaun on guitar is a sight to see, he is amazing. For those who have never listened to any of these artists don’t fret I will be including their music to this blog post :)






 Lastly, but defiantly not least our headliner Big Sugar, opened with yet another of my all time fav’s Diggin a hole. This song is crazy good live, all these bands are. I highly suggest listening all the way through on the video’s I included. If you don’t your the one missing out. Well these guys went on well into the night, it was an amazing set. 





I had a great night. I defiantly got my live music fix that was very overdue.Left deaf and yelling so it must of been a good one, and as Gordie said that night, he was breathing in some of that “fresh B.C air” if ya catch my drift ;P Yes us B.C folk are world renowned for our “fresh air”  

Take care guys until next post.

XOXO –VanCityGirl 83

PS: Here are some pic's from that night didn't get to many cause I was havin so much fun & my camera is a P.O.S!! 












No comments:

Post a Comment