“Better To Write For Yourself And Have No Public Than To Write For The Public And Have No Self” –Cyril Connolly

Translate

Thursday, December 22, 2011

ICONIC MOMENTS SERIES VOLUME 1: Lady Gaga-Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta


Where do I even begin?! Lets just start of with this “I love lady gaga, LOVE!” I own all of her albums even all of her remixes. Maybe we should start from one of her earlier songs that helped me out immensely. It is “Just Dance” from her 2008 album “The Fame” the one sentence that I love the most is “Just dance. Gonna be ok” With all the miscellaneous crap goin on in my hectic life, I would blast this song, and be reminded to keep it simple and that I could use that line from her song to bring me back to the most simplistic parts of life. I was reassured that it was gonna be ok, no matter the obstacle. I cant tell you how many times since the song has come out that I have blasted that tune on my stereo/computer or MP3 player. I find this song incredibly empowering and inspirational.

There is so much that I love about Lady Gaga. Like the fact that she began performing in the rock music scene in Manhattan’s lower east side. Unlike so many artists today being spawned from American reality T.V shows such as American Idol. The contestants simply win a contest and are alleged artists now. I don’t think so, they don’t know what its like to start from nothing. Lady Gaga wasn’t some grand prizewinner in a T.V show that then received help as a result of the show. She did it her way.

Some of her other songs from her album "The Fame" that also hit home are Love Game, Brown Eye’s & Summer Boy. I had very personal experiences in my life that I herd within the lyrics of these songs. It was a remarkable feeling.   

Lady Gaga has over 100+ accolades. Some of which include 4 Guinness World Records: Most Searched-For Female on the internet, beating Oasis record for the most weeks on the U.K charts Lady Gaga hit 154 consecutive weeks/Oasis hit 134,Lady Gaga became the first artist in 17 years history of the Billboard Pop Song’s chart to score four #1 hits from one album, last but not least she also become the only digital era artist to top 5 million mark with her first two hits. Lady Gaga worked in collaboration with Rob Fusari who compared her vocal harmonies to those of Freddie Mercury front man of QUEEN. Freddie Mercury wrote a song called “Radio Gaga” from which Lady Gaga received her stage name. Rob Fusari text Stefani aka Lady Gaga and the predictive text glitches and changed “Radio” to “Lady”, she texted back “That’s it and proclaimed her new stage name and was never to be called Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta again.

Some other note worthy accolades are:

-Most influential person in the world by Times magazine
-Highest grossing concert tours of all time, the tour ran for about a year and a half grossed $227.4 million (that’s a pretty extravagant title if you ask me!)
-Highest grossing debut for a headlining artist
-Wrote her first piano ballad at age 13
-Wrote songs for: Britney Spears, New Kids On The Block, Fergie & The Pussycat Dolls.
-Was declared Chief Creative Officer for Polaroid
-Her tour brought her to Madison Square Garden in New York City was filmed as a HBO special (Spectacular you must watch it)
-Most followers on Twitter @ 13 million
-Poker Face was listed for “Most Consecutive weeks on a US Digital Hot Songs, with 83 weeks.
-As of 2011 Lady Gagas second album “Born This Way” was named #1 Best pop album of the year via Spin Magazine
-Never lip sync’s
-Rolling Stone named Lady Gaga “The Queen of Pop” in 2011
-The University of South Carolina created a course called “Lady Gaga and the sociology of the fame”
-Named by Vogue UK as Best Dressed People of 2010
-Met US president Barack Obama at the Human Rights Campaign Fundraiser  
-Raised $1.5 million and donated it to the survivors of the Tohoku Earthquake & tsunami
-Joined forces with Mac Cosmetics launching a line of lipstick in their cosmetic line called Viva Glam, all the proceeds of the lipstick line were donated to the cosmetic’s company’s campaign to prevent HIV & AIDS, the line raised $202 million dollars.  


The second part of her album which is called “The Fame Monster” which includes an additional 8 tracks, this is an extension to “The Fame”. The track listing is as follows: Bad Romance, Alejandro, Monster, Speechless, Dance In The Dark, Telephone, So Happy I Could Die & Teeth. ALL these songs have a meaning for me and have helped me get through so much over the last 4.5 years. Ever since I discovered her music I listened to in non-stop all of her songs I listened to them everyday. Many of these songs have also been somewhat of a muse to me as I am a writer.  

Her latest album “Born This Way”. My thoughts are that she just keeps getting better and better and you never know what to expect from her. Which I love! I am gonna start off with another list of songs from this album which are my favorites: Marry The Night, Born This Way, Government Hooker, Judas, Hair, Scheibe, Bad Kids, You & I & Edge Of Glory.

I really wish the song Bad Kids was around when I was growing up, this generation has no idea what a blessing this song is and to be able to listen to in within the context of there lives and in the moment of their current time line. You guys are so lucky and I am envious.

I’m telling you there’s a Lady Gaga song that coincides with anything going on within your life. Well thank you so much for reading this blog post, it is a long one, but it is on a subject that I am very passionate about as you can tell. Until next time…

Here is a list of the video’s that are the most influential in my life hope you enjoy!