“Better To Write For Yourself And Have No Public Than To Write For The Public And Have No Self” –Cyril Connolly

Translate

Monday, January 16, 2012

WEEK THREE: Day 1

So FAN X99 (Foundations of Analytical & Quantitive Reasoning) started at 10:30am. We had a test, which automatically makes me nervous. I am really trying to keep positive in regards to this class and the instructor is amazing. So it makes the class enjoyable. I learnt today that I tend to over think & second-guess myself when it comes to this topic.

I know now that out of all my subject/classes I will have to work the hardest at this one, I will pass it, if it kills me. We did algebra. Some of it is coming back to me, and sometimes I even amaze myself that I remember some of the stuff from decades ago. Goodness I make myself sound really old, or maybe I’m just over exaggerating. I have a tendency to do that every now and then.

I write everything on graph paper, it works SO much better for this particular class. Maybe it’s the “carpenter in me” (My dad was a master carpenter and knew math really well, however it was all in British Imperial) So when he migrated to Canada, he had to convert, but he was still able to teach me, and help me, he was very invested in my studies. I often think of my father in class, and recall the many hours in any given night that we would spend on math. He would explain until he was blue in the face until I got it. What an amazing father! I miss him very much as he is no longer with us; he passed away over 10 years ago. But I remember him with the best of moments.

OK so yeah that’s pretty much it, I am looking forward to another day, who knows what it may bring. On a completely different note, my storage locker in my building was broken into. Totally frustrating, I don’t even know when it happened, but it was pretty recent. Fortunately it was filled with miscellaneous junk. Seriously JUNK. Well I am done for the day see you tomorrow, have a great evening.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment