“Better To Write For Yourself And Have No Public Than To Write For The Public And Have No Self” –Cyril Connolly

Translate

Monday, February 20, 2012

WEEK EIGHT: Day 1


All right so another weekend has come to an end. Funny thing weekends mean something again. What I mean is before I was going to school I was pretty much doing jack all, ALL day long, everyday was a weekend. Now I am a full-time student settling back into the swing of things. School is so different this time round; well a couple of things are different. A) I am paying for my education, well my band did B) I want to be at school & C) I get to make up for what I missed in high school but in a better environment. What more could you ask for? Well how about living allowance that would have been sweet. But that sh*t is out of my control.

Back to the day at hand, we had math first block. I tend to like it better when Mr.V is teaching. Not saying that I don’t appreciate our math tutor. I just understand one better than the other. We covered some basic stuff probably elementary to you but when you have been out of school for over 10 years a refresher comes in just great. We used the slope & Y intercept to graph out each equation. I was way more patient with my self this session, but I am going to take it one step, one class at a time.

At 12:30pm we had a potlatch in the classroom next door, we go to meet the other cohort program (Aboriginal Pre-health Program) some nice peeps in there. We watched 8th fire while eating lunch. It was really nice. After lunch we had lit. Tutorial with Lindsey, she’s super nice and helpful, and that was my day. One of the elders stopped by a little early and needed to find Natalie, but she could not remember how to get to her office, so I was more than happy to assist her and to get out of math for a lil while…hehe :P Yup that’s all folks see ya tomorrow :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment