“Better To Write For Yourself And Have No Public Than To Write For The Public And Have No Self” –Cyril Connolly

Translate

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Today was the greatest

Did not get much sleep today or should I say last night. Went to bed at 3am woke up at 9:30am tried to take a nap earlier but ended up lying there so I jumped out and proceeded to clean the entire place! It was spotless, so I thought it would be a perfect time to take pictures. So I did and they are currently uploaded on my Facebook page. Check it out:


http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150257307292120.327474.514647119&l=dc45fd2ce7&type=1

I decided to go on a little journey, all though there was nothing little about it. I went to White Rock! My whole life there was flooding my mind millions of memories, a lifetimes worth. I walked by a street where I went on my first date with a guy named Andrew and we went to the theatre and watched Independence Day. I walked past Peninsula Village, where my family use to shop, eat and rent videos from Blockbuster. There use to be Moxies Restaurant, with a waiter named Dez who had the biggest crush on me, the same place where I had dinner with my parents high on acid. I even caught a glimpse of a friend Clint’s balcony the scene of many parties. God it seems like another life time ago, it was!

How many time have a ridden around in Andy’s car, how many time have I walked every entire inch of White Rock/Crescent Beach & Ocean Park. The trip defiantly resurrected many stories that I have yet to tell, and has given me plenty to work with for my book!

I have been working on Chapter 3 it is coming along slowly, I originally started putting deadlines on when I “should” have had it done, but then I found it provoked writers block. I can’t just punch the pages out for the sake of doing it. This is the story of my life, the parts I stopped talking about. Now clean and sober I would tell the horror stories of how awful I was, and the ugly things that I did. I am writing these chapters because no one had heard my talk about it ever! So continue to stay tuned...Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment