“Better To Write For Yourself And Have No Public Than To Write For The Public And Have No Self” –Cyril Connolly

Translate

Friday, June 10, 2011

Note's from FB pt.8 (Silent Flashes in the sky)


As I sit on my patio
Listening to Daniel Wesley
Watching the silent flashing in the sky
My conscience plagues me
Wondering what I did wrong 
Waiting for a message that never comes
I lie awake with thoughts of you
There’s a silence in the air
Strange and uncomfortable
No comfort to be found
Where you a dream
Was it ever real 
Or was it just a movie
Playing out in my head
Your lies are powerful and seductive
Caressing me with summer air
Promises that will never come true
I am consumed


You remind me of my youth 
Back in the day when I had not a care in the world
When I knew everything 
And nothing at all
When I wanted my freedom but did not want to work for it
The scent of strawberry’s and rum drift in the air
Touch my nose 
Reminding me of days long faded away
The flashes of lightning get more frequent 
My thoughts get more rapid
Something about it inspires me
None of it makes sense 
All I know is that I had to grab pen and paper
Before these thoughts elude me
Thoughts of a not so distant past
Flood my mind
Crystal clear
Give me courage so that I may be honest with you
The creative gates are open
But not by your own command 
Don’t be afraid
We all wait for you
Don’t be afraid to write your own destiny 
A spectacular one at that 
The stars aren’t blind
They light a path for you
Do it with grace


Written By, Jennifer Anne Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment