“Better To Write For Yourself And Have No Public Than To Write For The Public And Have No Self” –Cyril Connolly

Translate

Saturday, May 26, 2012

NYX Soho Glam Collection, product review.


I was doing my make up the other night and I looked at how grungy all my make-up was. It was all dusty from older eye shadows that have fallen out of the eye shadow tray thingy (ladies ya’ll know what I’m talking about) I have had my make-up for EVER!

So I decided next time I get some money that I was going to splurge and buy new everything. I wanted to spend no more than $100. So I planned out where I was going to go for my new make-up. I was going to grab a coffee from Starbucks and go do some major shopping. I walk through the mall entrance and remembered that there was a make-up store on the right hand side. Just the night before I was telling the same story to my girlfriend about how I needed new make-up and she said that going to an actual make-up store is way better than a drug store. So that last sentence was ringing in my head. So I decided to go in and check it out.


When I first went in the store was dead and I got to spend one-on-one time with the sales associate. She was very nice and not pushy or bothering me, like most other stores do. That always annoyed me, if I need your help I will ask for it (talking to the sales ass. Of course).

Think I must have spent 45-60 minutes in there, but there was so much to look at and they have testers for EVERYTHING! In the end, I bought 5 items. I will list them and provide pictures below.

Items:

-SOHO Glam Collection, contains, 52 eye shadows, 4 blushers, 4 face colors, 8 lip colors, a lip liner and 2 lip glosses. $32.99
-Eye Shadow Base High Definition $9.99
(This product is AMAZING it really makes the eye shadow pop, defiantly worth the $10)
-Concealer Jar $7.99
-Liquid liner (black) $10.99
-Liquid Foundation, Stay matte and not flat. $16.99

Fist off lets start with the Soho Glam Collection, what a fabulous concept. It is all contained in a box, first appearance you see the 52 eye shadows. All I can say is WOW, they are well pigmented and show up beautifully on my eyes. Especially when I use the HD Eye Shadow Base. The eye shadows open by parting symmetrically down the middle like drawers extending out, thus revealing 8 eye shadows, 2 lip glosses and a lip liner. There is also 2 eye shadow applicators located on the left and a brush located on the right hand side. (Please refer to the pictures attached in the post as they appear as they are listed) A third drawer opens from underneath revealing the 8 lip colors & 4 blushers of which I have yet to use. I love love love the eye shadows.

Secondly lets talk about the HD Eye Shadow Base, this is a revolution (well for me anyways) I cant tell you how many times I have used eye shadows and have them rub, smudge, or just plain come off, only to wish there was something that would make the color more vibrant and long lasting. It has a wand applicator which makes it easy to apply to your eye lid. It doesn’t dispense a ton of product either, I hate wasting make-up. Defiantly was the answer to my problems and it makes they eye shadow last.

Onto the third product, which is the concealer jar, I have needed new concealer for a LONG time. The texture is light & silky, not cakey and thick, if that makes any sense??? It give that extra bit of coverage that any gal may need from time to time.

Number four is the Liquid Black Liner, my previous eyeliner was a felt tip pen style, personally I find that they work great in the beginning and towards the end it's just not as intense or dark when you go to use it. So the one I purchased is a brush kinda like a mini one for your eyes. Works amazingly.   

Last but defiantly not least is the Stay Matte But Not Flat Liquid Foundation. This foundation is the first that I have used that is not L’Oreal, which is what I regularly use. It is light and airy, not greasy, works like a charm.

I hope that this review is useful in some way to you. If you are in the market for new make-up and want great quality at half the price, then stop by your local NYX store.





Anyways it has been a few days since my purchase and I am 210% satisfied, every product works amazingly. I want to do my make-up everyday now just to see what the new & different colors look like on me. Well hope you enjoyed my review. Have a great day, don’t forget to subscribe to my blog or share this with your friends –VanCityGirl83 

No comments:

Post a Comment