“Better To Write For Yourself And Have No Public Than To Write For The Public And Have No Self” –Cyril Connolly

Translate

Monday, January 30, 2012

WEEK FIVE: Day 1


Well I had an amazing weekend; I went to an SFU Continuing Studies orientation for the program called Southbank Writers Program. Totally enthralled with it. It was a great feeling being surrounded by other writers; you could almost feel all the wisdom in the room. That was on Saturday at the Surrey Public Library.

I’m just excited to start on this path, I always knew that I loved writing, but I never imagined that I would go back to school (university) to pursue a career in it! It’s all happening one step at a time. Still got a lot to do, lots of applications need to be filled out and soon.

On Sunday I went to Deas Island its on River Rd. by the tunnel. Anyways I was looking forward to adventuring around to take lots of pictures, Due to the fact that I saw tons of eagles and hawks there last week. Guess I was hoping they would all still be there so I could take photos. Unfortunately by the time we got out of the car I looked and saw a sign saying that the park was going to close at 5pm, so I looked at my watch to see how much time we would have, and my clock said 5pm!!! So we ran back to the car and made a mad dash out of there. We ended up going into Tsawwassen and started to go to Boundary Bay Park, but decided it was getting dark and we just parked at the end of 16th. After we went to go eat at a Chinese restaurant, it was ok, but not that great either. Lets put it this way I would never go back there! So that was my weekend.

So today we are into week 5! Holly crap time is just a flying. We had English/Literacy all day. First block was the actual class then after lunch we met with our tutor. She was super nice. I really liked today. So we have English again tomorrow for second block. I finished my summary today; I believe that I did a pretty good job on it. We will wait and see. We also started writing on a critical essay. So yeah I ended up staying pretty late today, think It was like quarter to 4 when I left. But its all good.

Well that’s it for today folks see you tomorrow. Have a great night!