“Better To Write For Yourself And Have No Public Than To Write For The Public And Have No Self” –Cyril Connolly

Translate

Saturday, January 28, 2012

WEEK FOUR: Day 5

Well week four has drawn to the end. Time is just flying. It was a pretty chill day today. I was up pretty early and left my place early. I got to school around 8:30 and started working on my Chapter 9 project for FNST 101 (First Nations Studies) So I did that then class started around 10:30
I really enjoy independent studies, as I very much prefer that to working in a group. Group work requires you to trust others, and its kind of hard to do that if you don’t really know them or their study habits. It just seems like a big risk to me and I take school very seriously. I’m not implying that other don’t, just that what I call serious may not be the same type of seriousness that someone else may bring.

We had Learning Strategies today and we did so pretty fun stuff. I like this class cause it really give us a chance to connect with each other, and it’s a bit more personable too. We tend to do a lot of creative stuff, which I love. So this class & time period fly’s by.

So it was a pretty short day today, and I felt sufficient with my pre school studying activities, so I took off right after class. It was a nice day out today. I wanted to go to Dea’s Island and see if I could photograph all the eagles I saw there on Thursday. But I didn’t go.

OMG I got a call from my dentist saying that they would like me to come in and get all four of my wisdom teeth out next Friday. I said, “No thanks!” But made an appointment in March to do two at a time. I just can’t financially afford to do all four at once. Last visit really screwed me over and I can’t afford to do that again. Las time was a dental emergency I hade to get a root canal cause I was in severe pain. This time round I can time it better with my financial schedule

Well I am tired and I have a info session for a program that I am interested in taking @ SFU. Its called the Southbank Writers program and its being held at Surrey Public Library @ 1pm so have a great night, and see you on Monday, where we will have four classes of English through out the whole week (we usually only have 2 per week)   

No comments:

Post a Comment