“Better To Write For Yourself And Have No Public Than To Write For The Public And Have No Self” –Cyril Connolly

Translate

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Professional

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest Vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike." Thucydides -Greek historiean


July.25.2012 1st appointment:

Things went good, first initial feeling was good. When seeing a counselor for the fist time, its extremely vital that you go with you gut instinct. Sometimes that’s not always enough. 

It takes time to figure out if there is a mutual bond. I have been seeing counselors all my life, so I consider myself a good gage for figuring these things out.


We talked for a while, it felt great to connect with a professional. I believe that I thrive within this environment. I stopped seeing a professional due to something my first sponsor said. Looking back on it now, I can understand where she was coming from. But really she is not in any position to give me that kind of advice. People should not talk about some things.

He said that my life sounds bittersweet. What a genius, what a revelation. It describes my life perfectly.  

Anyways I felt like a million bucks after our first meeting, I was on cloud nine. High on life, so I was happy to book another appointment. This brings us up to...


Aug.14.2012 2nd Appointment

In general, we talked about my goals, and how I wanted to utilize our time together. I told him that I wanted to get off my anti-depressants, and he suggested that I connect with a R.N so that she may safely monitor my progress.
However, through a series of events that started on Aug.07th.2012 I was no longer able to receive coverage for my meds. By the time, I made it to our second meeting I had already been off my meds for 8 days. He seems to be amazed at my capacity for inner strength.

It is extremely hard for me to see what others see, as I do not hold myself in high regard. I have always been that way. I believe that I have tremendous insight into my actions; though I do not see what good it does, other than the fact that I have no problem scrutinizing myself.


Aug.21.2012 3rd Appointment

Alrighty, 3rd session went good, talked about my auntie Wendi passing (she passed on Aug.14th), and me grieving, and not being on my meds. Along with the miscellaneous things that I have been dealing with. Talked a little about myself and my life.  Pretty brief.

Any-who I am tired and gonna go chill and watch a movie, big surprise! Lol till next time :D  

     


No comments:

Post a Comment