“Better To Write For Yourself And Have No Public Than To Write For The Public And Have No Self” –Cyril Connolly

Translate

Saturday, September 08, 2012

FIFTY SHADES OF GREY-BOOK REVIEW


So I recently read this book, it was a page-turner to say the least. I want to tell you how I came about reading this series. I went on vacation in July and my roommate had purchased the book. When I got home, I saw it and jokingly picked it up asking what is this book about, so I read a couple of pages and I could not put it down. With that in mind, let us get into the book review.


So this book takes place in Seattle Washington it follows a 22 year old woman by the name of Anastasia ‘Ana’ Steele. She is sweet, innocent and smart amongst other things. She meets a wealthy 27 year old man by the name of Christian Grey, Ana has a number of nicknames for him Fifty, Twitchy palm and Mr.Grey. In my personal opinion, every woman needs a ‘Mr.Grey’!

Now I don’t want to get into to much detail, so I will tell you what I loved about this book. I love Ana’s inner dialogue; you hear every little thought in their entirety. This really resonates with me as I am sure it will with you.

The author of this book E.L James writes so well, you feel the emotions that the character’s are feeling, she describes in great detail Ana’s awkwardness around Christian. You literally feel awkward, or sad, or shock whatever the emotion she depicts in the book you will feel it.

Now a crucial part to this book is to keep an open mind. It is about bondage, discipline, sadist & masochism or BDSM. Now it’s done in a tasteful manner. That’s the great thing about books you get to learn or view different ways without actually doing them. The mind is a powerful tool.

Well that concludes my review. I know its not to detailed but I do not want to give away too much, its a MUST read book, great for getting your mind off whatever is stressing you, I guarantee that you wont be able to put it down. Thanks for dropping by until next post. 

–XOXO VanCityGirl83 

PS: I am half way through book #2, book review to follow ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment